Tuesday, March 4, 2008

mmmmmmmorning muffins (even Stacia likes them)


I am a big fan of the Whole Foods website, because it features a well-organized and excellent list of recipes. last night while looking for dinner ideas i instead came across a recipe for some morning muffins, so i went ahead and got the ingredients for them and made them this morning before my roommates got up. I dont know that it made me more productive or anything, but it was a nice way to start the morning and they are delicious. Also in the picture you can see the silicone baking cups that i got for Christmas from my friend Alex! they are really nice to use and easy to clean.

I made the Granola & Applesauce Morning Muffins, only i left out the flax seed because i was too cheap to buy it and added a little bit of cinnamon because it seemed like a good idea. It says you can use your favorite granola, and i think the one i chose is what made them so good, although i'd like to try them with a different type some other time. I used one Trader Joe's and it has little bits of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. Usually i dont like fruit in baked goods, but i make an exception for berries in muffins, especially because these ones are really small pieces, so you get the nice flavor without huge chunks of fruit in the muffin, which is a plus for me.

Even my roommate who (seriously) hates healthy food liked them!


Plus, i'm a sucker for "cute" marketing. c'mon, that's cute.

2 comments:

Scott said...

If I was in the market for granola I would probably pick that bag over any other.

In other news your blog has inspired me to actually start cooking my own meals. It is surprisingly addictive.

Ginny said...

yay! that's the point?