Sunday, March 2, 2008

just trying to make matt proud


Last night my roommates and I turned Chinggis Khan into Cosmopolitans. (and by that i mean the Chinggis Gold, Mongolian Premium Vodka that i got from Mongolia. ). Now, this isn't really a craft, or even an original recipe, but i mostly just think that the bottle of vodka looks really cool and I wanted to take pictures of it.



On a related note, i also got a book about Mongolian arts and crafts, and i hope to somehow incorporate something from that into a knitting/embroidery project somehow, but i really haven't figured out how, and as it is i have about 3 unfinished projects...

Also, i finally started crocheting a grocery tote bag out of old plastic bags. I've been meaning to do it forever, and even with canvas grocery bags, my roommates and i still manage to accumulate a lot of plastic bags. I'm working without a pattern and i've already had to start over numerous times, so i guess we'll see how it turns out!

last but not least, Rachel sent me a present for starting this blog! She sent me a copy of Charmed Knits so there should be a Harry Potter scarf, hat, sock in the near future.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm glad you like the book.

MateoNoFeo said...

I am proud of course, i would be prouder if i saw the pics of the after effects. That vodka is strong...i made Dad proud by making Bloody Marys with it....although he says to drink that shit straight....it will make your teeth curly and your hair white....!!

yynderjohn said...

You made Chingis Khan Cry by making Cosmos with his premium vodka! Vodka is for drinking straight, bottles at a time!