Saturday, March 15, 2008

spring deliciousness

soo its been a little slow with the posting.. i blame spring break as i haven't been near the computer much. BUT that doesn't mean there haven't been fantastic food goods around so let's get started:


1) i actually didn't have anything to do with any part of the baking process, but since allie probably won't post about her cupcakes, i may as well do it since they were too cute to ignore. and tasty.

Anyway, believe it or not the recipe is from the Martha Stewart website and can be found here. They came out really well, and the frosting is maybe the best we've tried. it's really light, but just chocolately enough. also, the cupcakes have toasted coconut on top, and i usually hate coconut, but it went perfectly with the frosting and vanilla cupcakes. I would recommend them to anyone, even though they were a little labor intense.

2) Alex, Hannah and I had an Ecuadorian night, and made Locro, a potato and cheese soup topped with avocado (mmm) then watched Que Tan Lejos, a completely Ecuadorian movie, filmed there, their actors, etc etc.



and finally, I didn't make this, but for my birthday, i ordered myself a lemon raspberry cake from Flour Bakery (where i used to work, probably the most delicious place on the planet. I took a picture just for fun

2 comments:

Scott said...

The real reason I remembered your birthday is because it reminds me of the original release date of Star Wars episode one (May 19th). I guess March ~ May and 16 ~ 19

Ashlee D. said...

Where did you get your recipe for the locro? I mean, I know it's mostly potatoes, onions, and cheese, but I'm still curious.