Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lucha Libre hat


I haven't ever really properly learned how to embroider, but for a while i got really into it and bought several embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching. I really really like the mexican-themed ones (yay Dominguez) especially the Day of the Dead and Lucha Libre patterns. I embroidered the lucha libre mask on some scrap piece of fabric, then cut it out and appliqued it to the crocheted hat!

For the hat, i used the "anarchy hat" pattern from The Happy Hooker and wool Cascade Yarn 220.

When i was finished i gave the beanie to my brother Matt, who i think wears it sometimes.

1 comment:

MateoNoFeo said...

I wear it more than sometimes, more like "often" only when the nice beautiful perfect weather in Calif allows it....

i get comments on it too ....good comments....i think a lucha libre series of hats for Matt are in store...hint hint...